Solitaire Lodge Description:
Solitaire, a historic settlement at the edge of the Namib-Naukluft National Park, has been a welcome stop for travelers for over 60 years. Solitaire sits at the center of the 45,000 acre Solitaire Land Trust, dedicated to preserving the grassland, pre-Namib habitat and the wild animals that reside here. Land Trust holdings reach from the base of the Great African Escarpment to the Namib, widely considered the oldest desert in the world.
Solitaire is the perfect base for day trips to explore Namibia’s Sossusvlei dunes, Namib-Naukluft Park or Kuiseb Canyon, and a unique stay-over between Sessriem and Swakopmund. The Solitaire grasslands are rich in free-roaming wildlife including oryx, mountain zebra, springbok, kudu, cheetah, leopard, brown and spotted hyena, aardwolf, and much more.
Solitaire Lodge, wrapped around a courtyard pool, shaded by thatch and camel thorne trees, offers spacious en-suite rooms with 2 double beds each, air conditioning, private patios, and free wifi. Cafe Van der Lee serves delicious lunches and fresh nightly meals to lodge guests and visitors.
Shop in the nostalgic General Dealer and Curio, and don’t miss McGregor’s Bakery for the world-famous apple pie, home baked bread, pastries, gelato and espresso.
Special Note: The distance from Solitaire to Sesriem is approximately 83km or 1 ½ hours’ drive.
• 23 rooms with 2 double beds
• 2 large Family rooms each with a double bed and two single beds
• 2 Twin Guide rooms
Facilities and Services:
• Check in from 12h00 and check out at 10h00
• All rooms have air conditioners
• Rooms have 24h electricity
• Standard bathroom amenities
• Large swimming pool
• Bar and restaurant under thatch roof
• Bakery, small general dealer, fuel station and repair workshop
• ATM and MTC phone time
• Credit card facilities for Master & Visa Cards
• Gravel / Sand airstrip; FYSO, 3506ft., Co-ordinates S23º54’01.5” - E016º00’16.3” Solitaire, Namibia; Contact for pilots: +264 81 143 6166
• Prior arrangement can be made for specific dietary requirements or special occasions
• Cheetah Tracking Excursion (This activity must be booked directly with the Carnivore Centre Tel: +264 (0)81 451 2812 - Email: [email protected]
• Non-guided walking trails are available on the property
• Nature Drives available by prior arrangement
• Enjoy a sunset over the Namib desert from sundowner hill with a cooler of cold drinks and a snack platter
Families with Children:
All ages are welcome at the lodge. Children may also participate in most activities while under their parents supervision
• Solitaire Lodge also offers limited camping on level sand surface
• The Campsite has a male and female communal ablution block with hot and cold water and wash-up facilities
Book camping directly with the Lodge: [email protected]
Reservations: +264 67240901/3/4
Reservations Fax: +264 67240902
Direct: +264 63293621